Application for Paediatric Neurosurgery Training/ Research Fellowship Programme
This is a 2-year Fellowship program aimed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the spectrum of neurosurgical problems in children. The program is meant to be comprehensive in terms of surgical training and research on the subject. The objectives are enumerated below:
- To learn the basic management of paediatric cases with acute and chronic neurosurgical conditions
- To learn operations for hydrocephalus, tumors and craniofacial pathologies/craniosynostoses
- To learn operations for craniocervical disorders, tethering lesions in spine and simple spinal fixations for trauma and congenital conditions
- To gain experience in various essential neurosurgical adjuncts intraoperative neuromonitoring, minimally invasive neurosurgery/ neuroendoscopy
- To learn the perioperative management of neonates and children who have undergone surgery
- To become well versed in managing short term and long term issues of congenital paediatric neurosurgical disorders
- To develop and pursue mentored research in paediatric neurosurgery field
Eligibility Criteria Essential:
Postgraduate training in Neurosurgery Desirable: Demonstration of interest in Paediatric Neurosurgery and research
Duration of Program: 24 months
Closing date of application: March 31st, 2020 (Course starting in June 2020)
- Please send the following to: email@example.com
- Sub: Fellowship in Paediatric Neurosurgery Curriculum Vitae – include 2 referees, and list your publications in Vancouver citation style.
- Personal statement to support your application (no more than 1000 words).
- A research proposal that can be completed in 12 months. (One side of A4 page).
For further information
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre,
Ponekkara P.O., Kochi-41, Kerala, India.
Phone: +91 (484) 2851234, Ext: 1309/1316,
Dr. Suhas Udayakumaran (Core Faculty)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com/ dr,firstname.lastname@example.org